FileMaker Pro Overview
FileMaker Pro makes it easy to create custom solutions for managing business information on iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Millions of people around the world use FileMaker Pro to streamline the way their teams manage contacts, track inventory, organize projects, and so much more.
Get Started Quickly
FileMaker Pro is so easy to use and includes so many features to help you get started quickly, you can have a new database ready to use in minutes, not hours or days. Every copy of FileMaker Pro, even the free 30-day trial, comes with a Getting Started tour that will have you up and running in no time.
- Drag and drop Microsoft Excel files onto FileMaker Pro to create a database instantly.
- Use the pre-designed Starter Solutions for managing contacts, tracking inventory, organizing projects, creating invoices, and more. Just import your data and customize the solution as you wish.
Create Custom Solutions With Ease
Use flexible design tools to make your database screens look and work just the way you want – all without programming.
- Add fields to track whatever type of information you’d like, including names, numbers, dates, documents, prices, pictures, and more.
- Choose from a wide variety of coordinated themes to give your solution a professional look.
- Control fonts, colors, backgrounds, shading, and more. Even add your company logo to further customize your forms.
- Connect your information together with the powerful Relationships Graph. For example, link customer data to invoices details.
- Add buttons, scripts, calculations and pop-up lists to automate repetitive tasks and speed data entry.
Access Data On The Go
Go beyond the desktop and securely deliver FileMaker data to iPad and iPhone users for portable access while on the go.
- Create custom database solutions in FileMaker Pro and run them in FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone.
- Add, edit, search, sort, and report on data on iPad and iPhone to instantly boost productivity for mobile users.
- Host solutions with FileMaker Server, then instantly share in real-time with iPad and iPhone users.
- Enable FileMaker WebDirect to access databases from web browsers.
Produce Reports And Charts In Minutes
The built-in reporting and charting tools make it easy to produce informative and eye-catching summaries of your team’s data.
- Produce custom reports that group, sort and summarize data in a way that’s most valuable to your organization.
- Create pie charts, bar charts, bubble charts, line graphs and more.
- Automatically email in PDF or Excel formats.
Share With Your Team
FileMaker Pro allows you to share data over a network with up to 5 other people on iPad, iPhone, Windows, and Mac. Multi-platform support allows users on iPad, iPhone, Windows or Mac to access the same database at the same time. It includes advanced security options including user accounts, database passwords, field-level privilege sets, data encryption, and more.
Integrate With Industry-Standard Programs
Import and export a variety of formats to eliminate duplicate data entry. Plus, create live two-way connections with external data sources.
- Import and export a variety of formats, including .XLSX, .CSV, Tab, or XML.
- Use the ODBC and JDBC standards to exchange and interact with data from other applications.
- Connect with external SQL data sources including the latest versions of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL.
Additional tools included in FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced
NEW! Enable Database Encryption
Enable AES 256-bit encryption with FileMaker Pro Advanced to protect data on a FileMaker client or on FileMaker Server.
Pinpoint problem areas in scripts and Script Triggers. Turn off Script Triggers when debugging to fine tune the troubleshooting process.
Create, change, or delete specific menu items or entire menu sets. Specify certain menus to only display when accessed on an iPad or iPhone.
Monitor fields, variables and calculations while troubleshooting.
Build your own functions and copy, paste, and import them into any FileMaker database.
Build more robust calculations and extend database capabilities.
Multiple Table Import
Build or modify databases faster by importing multiple tables at once.
Create standalone runtime solutions that don't require FileMaker Pro.
Field & Table Replication
Copy field definitions into different tables or copy table definitions into other files for faster solution development.
Build applications where all menus are hidden. Great for self-serve check-ins and mailing list sign ups.
Database Design Report
Run comprehensive reports on all elements of the database schema.